Nutrim® is the 100% natural oat ß-glucan (beta-glucan),super-food developed and patented by the USDA. Nutrim®’s unique processing unleashes oat ß-glucans, making them more available to the body, and simple to add to any meal. Nutrim® allows users to add the cholesterol lowering, heart healthy benefits of oats to virtually any meal.
Using Nutrim® Is Easy!
Mix Nutrim® with a favorite beverage, such as orange juice or milk, twice daily. Nutrim® is easy to mix. Plus, it adds a lush creaminess to any beverage without affecting the taste.
In addition, Nutrim® is easy to add to nearly any food. See the “Adding Nutrim® to Any Diet” section below for further detail.
Simple Use: 1 scoop in the morning and the evening (2 scoops daily). Mix into water, skim milk, juice or food.
How Nutrim® Works
Nutrim® delivers high levels of liberated oat ß-glucans. Decades of research show that oat ß-glucans, like those in Nutrim®, lower cholesterol naturally via four possible mechanisms*
1. Oat ß-glucans work with the body’s natural mechanism of scavenging cholesterol. The body has a “built-in” ability to flush out excess cholesterol via bile produced by the liver. However, a large amount of the bile can be reabsorbed. Oat ß-glucans have an affinity for binding with bile and escorting it out of the body, resulting in naturally lower cholesterol.
2. Oat ß-glucans have the ability to bind to cholesterol that is present in foods we consume, thereby escorting some cholesterol out of the body before it can be absorbed.
3. Oat ß-glucans bind to some of the saturated fats and trans-fats in food, helping flush them out before absorption. Saturated fat and trans-fat are associated with elevated cholesterol levels.
4. Good bacteria (probiotics) can transform oat ß-glucans into substances that block cholesterol production in the liver. When enough of these substances are transported to the liver they block cholesterol production.
Adding Nutrim® to Any Diet
As a healthy, safe accompaniment to any diet, Nutrim® provides an easy way to get the oat soluble fiber recommended by the National Cholesterol Education Program and the American Heart Association.
As a fine powder designed to readily mix with food, Nutrim® can be added to nearly any meal or drink. This makes it easy to get the healthy benefits of oat ß-glucans with nearly any meal.
Nutrim® is a Versatile Ingredient:
- Mix into morning latte, milk or juice
- Add to a favorite protein shake or smoothie
- Stir into hot soups or cereal
- Add creaminess and thicken stews, sauces and gravy
- Substitute part of the flour while baking
FutureCeuticals Direct provides easy ways to get started in every order.
Nutrim® Qualifies for the FDA Heart Health Claim
With 750mg of oat ß-glucans per serving, Nutrim® qualifies for the FDA Heart Health Claim for oats. Many dietary supplements intended to lower cholesterol do not qualify for the claim because they are processed with chemicals or enzymes. Nutrim® is unique. It is processed naturally and contains no added synthetic chemicals.
Nutrim® is Safe
Nutrim® poses no safety concerns, unless an oat allergy is present. In fact, Nutrim® is safe for vegans, diabetics, and the lactose intolerant. However, since Nutrim® is fiber-rich, those currently on a low fiber diet may experience some gas and bloating during the initial adjustment to the recommended amount of fiber. If gas or bloating occurs, start with smaller amounts and work towards 2 scoops a day.
- 100% Natural
- No Fillers, Binders, or Sweeteners Added
- Safe and Effective at Up to 8 Scoops Per Day
The Nutrim® Difference
Nutrim® is different from all other oat products. Its USDA developed, 100% natural, patented processing makes all the difference. In the late 1990’s, the USDA set out to improve characteristics of oats. Dr. George Inglett, an ARS Hall of Fame scientist, headed the effort to make the heart healthy benefits of oats easier to get. Dr. Inglett’s years of research resulted in an easy to mix powder, making it possible to incorporate the health benefits of oat ß-glucans into any meal.
Beyond this breakthrough, the patented Trim® process that created Nutrim® enables it to act as a healthy fat replacer. It is now possible to add the cholesterol fighting power of oat ß-glucans to any meal while cutting some of the fat that is associated with elevated cholesterol levels.
The Trim® process technology is licensed exclusively to VDF FutureCeuticals Inc. It breaks down the tough exterior of oat cells, gently freeing the oat ß-glucans for easier use by the body. The technique also makes Nutrim® extremely easy to use in foods and beverages because the resulting powder blends so well. There is no other product that can offer the multiple benefits of Nutrim®.
Additional Health Benefits
Nutrim® offers support for the whole body including healthy weight management, digestive health, and immune support.
Oat ß-Glucans Improve Weight Management
Oat ß-glucans are a special type of fiber because they can help slow the emptying of food from the stomach. This not only helps with the feeling of fullness but is believed to be one of the reasons why oat ß-glucans have been found to be beneficial for blood sugar balance. Additionally, Oat ß-glucans can bind to some of the calories you eat and carry them out of the body before they are even absorbed.
Oat ß-Glucans and Blood Sugar Balance
Research shows oat ß-glucans to be beneficial for blood sugar balance. They have been shown to reduce blood sugar levels and insulin responses after a meal.
Oat ß-glucans' benefits for blood sugar levels are believed to come from its ability to slow the release of food from the stomach. Another possible mechanisms is that oat ß-glucans may prevent digestion and absorption of some of the carbohydrates that are ingested.
Oat ß-glucans Support Digestive and Immune Health
Oat ß-glucans act as a prebiotic, helping to facilitate the growth of good bacteria (probiotics). Good bacteria are very important for our overall health as they support the body by:
- Breaking down and activating certain nutrients during digestion
- Creating necessary nutrients for the body
- Improving immune function
- Fighting off harmful microbes such as candida and infectious bacteria
- Supplying fuel to the cells that line the intestines
Good bacteria play an important part in immune health, as well as digestive health. Research confirms that Nutrim® simulates the growth of specific strains of good bacteria.
Click here to read the research summaries on Oat ß-glucans